The College and the Students’ Union actively work with all students at the College to help find suitable accommodation and possibly even some house-mates. New students can be placed with current students at the College who have spare rooms or can find accommodation by using the unique but highly successful ‘Find a Friend’ scheme. Information packs are sent to new students once they have accepted their place at the College. This information is also made available to all students at the College and is provided to help make the process easier for you. housingWe are also able to offer advice and information during your studies with any accommodation issue, either in Halls of Residence or in the Private Sector; contact us.




The Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama’s Halls of Residence accommodation is provided by Liberty Living.

It provides students with superb quality, city centre accommodation around 10 minutes walk from College, in a highly secure and comfortable environment which complements the College’s unique community spirit.

Halls The rent is inclusive of bills and normally students sign a 43 week contract. This is the length of contract we advise you to sign as it means the room is also yours during the Christmas and Easter vacations (no need to move your belongings home). As well as high quality fully fitted kitchen and living areas, all of the en-suite bedrooms are 40% larger than the UK average and have telephone and data points. The accommodation is arranged in flats of 6 rooms and includes provision for purpose built bedrooms designed for students with disabilities. A separate block has been reserved exclusively for Post-graduate and International Students.

The accommodation is staffed by an on-site management team and has 24 hour security, electronic entry systems, CCTV coverage and full site lighting.

All utility bills are included in the rent, as well as broadband internet access in all bedrooms. A colour TV, with Sky digital package and licence, is provided in each living area and comprehensive insurance (including personal possessions and personal accident cover) is provided as part of the rent.



Private Housing

If you are looking for non-Halls of Residence housing then we are here to help.

Whether you are a first year student or a returning student, Student services and the Students’ Union is here to offer you advice on any issues or questions you may have regarding accommodation.

Find a friend - The find a friend scheme is available for students who are looking to move into private residence during the year. Alongside the Find a friend scheme, the Students’ Union often gets informed of individual rooms which become available in housing occupied by RWCMD students.

For how to get in contact with us, please click here


Council Tax Exemption

As a student, you don’t need to pay council tax!

However, if you are living in shared accommodation with non-students the household will be liable.

Council tax exemption certificates are available from Academic Services from week 3 of the Autumn term.
Please note that students must produce their College ID card when collecting exemption certificates.


Housing Bonds

All private landlords in England and Wales with assured short-hold tenancies must protect their tenants’ deposit in some way, either by taking out a special insurance or by handing out the deposit to a third party.